Transpersonal Educator Programme
In order to address the needs of youth, we believe that educators need to be encouraged to learn about working with young people from new and empowering perspectives. A transpersonal approach sees education as a process of assisting young people to connect with their unique purpose and potential. It encourages educators to see young people as more than the product of their environments, by valuing the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of their experience.
WYSE offers a Train the Trainer programme for facilitation and group skills in transpersonal education. Our approach emphasises the need to work with young people in a way that creates a strong psychological container for them to express their potential and enable deep conversations about the important issues that effect their lives. The course involves:
- An introduction to the transpersonal approach
- Psychosynthesis as a model for transpersonal education
- Your values as an educator
- Skills for working with youth in a transpersonal way
- The power of example
- Self reflection, identifying meaning and initiating change
- General issues in working with young people
Central to our training is the premise that the example set by an educator cannot be over emphasized. Young people are, in general, desperately searching for role models that they can trust and be inspired by.