We believe that every person has the potential for leadership
Leadership is an expression of our willingness to engage in the issues and challenges we see around us. It is about finding creative solutions to local and global problems. It is about recognising our own potential and harnessing these qualities for the benefit of ourselves and others.
Our International Leadership Programmes take the form of a 12 day intensive training, where participants from many different cultures, religions and socio-economic backgrounds come together to form an international learning community.
The programme provides an opportunity to experiment with new models, creating a holistic view of the world we live in that is underpinned by the need for shared values and an awareness of our ultimate interconnection. Programmes are run for 18 - 35 year olds who are able to participate fully in an English-language programme
Who is the programme for?
The International Leadership Programme is for people who are interested in leading positive change in the world to make a lasting difference.
We actively select participants to create a programme that is highly diverse, with participants from many countries, cultures, socieconomic backgrounds, and perspectives in order to provide a rich opportunity for learning. People who are selected say they are looking for:
- A place to learn how to lead themselves and others to create change in the world.
- A space to explore their big questions and find a deeper sense of purpose.
- Time for themselves and the opportunity to gain a sense of clarity.
- A supportive process to make choices about their next career or life transition.
- An opportunity to connect with a global perspective.
- A global learning community and gain a sense of the bigger picture.
- A time to challenge themselves and have their ideas challenged.
- Time for personal development to experiment with different points of view and new ideas.
- Connection with a global network of over 2000 alumni who are interested in making a positive difference in the world.
Content of the International Leadership Programme
The development of a learning community that challenges and inspires new thinking
- A focus on personal leadership – learning to lead yourself well, before leading others
- An opportunity to develop a visionary and social entrepreneurship approach to addressing global problems
- Experiences that help identify values and guiding principles in order to gain a sense of balance, purpose and life direction
- Tools and experiences for discovering potential through all learning modalities, including team projects, physical activities, reflection, discussion and the arts
- An opportunity to develop an international network of people who wish to collaborate and make a positive difference in the world
- An emphasis on active global citizenship and the role of international organizations such as the United Nations
- Individual coaching sessions to support your learning during the programme
- The opportunity to access a free 6 month coaching programme to integrate your learning and support a social impact project
Upcoming International Leadership Programmes
23rd October - 3rd November, 2018
All programmes involve the same content and experiential learning process in each location. When you are considering which course to apply for you can be assured that you will experience the same quality programme, and high level of diversity, wherever it's held. We recommend that people select as many locations as possible in order to give themselves the best chance of getting a place. Typical progamme costs that we ask participants to cover are approximately £990 GBP (slight variations across the regions). This rate is highly subsidised as there is no cost charged for tuition - please see the information on Bursaries below.
If you want to hear more about the programme, get in touch with a Regional Ambassador who has attended one or more WYSE programmes. They will be happy to tell you about the programme and answer your questions.
Bursaries and funding support
The programme is delivered by our international team of highly experienced leadership development and education professionals. They provide their services on a pro-bono basis, meaning WYSE can offer full tuition scholarships to all selected participants. Along with the coaching which is offered after the programme, this in kind donation of services from the staff team has been valued at over £7500 per participant.
The final cost to participants is £990 to cover food, accommodation and administration. As part of our efforts to include as many young leaders as possible from diverse backgrounds, WYSE provides a bursary scheme for those in most need to support the costs of their programme fees. The bursary scheme is highly competitive and only covers a proportion of the £990 programme fee (normally ranging between 20% and 45% of the programme fee)
Please visit our bursaries page to find out more. Priority will be given to those who can demonstrate:
- A true commitment to making a significant impact in their own communities
- Economic hardship
- Efforts and success in raising funds, for example by sponsorship from their own governments or educational bodies, as well as from private businesses and industry where appropriate.
We are not able to cover the costs of travel under any circumstances. Exceptional candidates are invited to contact the programme administrator to request a bursary application.