We believe that every person has the potential for leadership
Leadership is an expression of our willingness to engage in the issues and challenges we see around us. It is about finding creative solutions to local and global problems. It is about recognising our own potential and harnessing these qualities for the benefit of ourselves and others.
Our International Leadership Programmes take the form of a 12 day intensive training, where participants from many different cultures, religions and socio-economic backgrounds come together to form an international learning community.
The programme provides an opportunity to experiment with new models, creating a holistic view of the world we live in that is underpinned by the need for shared values and an awareness of our ultimate interconnection.
Who is the programme for?
The International Leadership Programme is for people who are interested in leading positive change in the world to make a lasting difference.
We actively select participants to create a programme that is highly diverse, with participants from many countries, cultures, socieconomic backgrounds, and perspectives in order to provide a rich opportunity for learning. The programme is for you if you:
- are 18-35yrs old
- are interested in learning how to lead yourself and others to create change in the world
- are interested in active global citizenship
- are willing to challenge yourself and have your ideas challenged in an intensive and rewarding learning community
- Are able to participate fully in an English-language programme
Content of the International Leadership Programme
The development of a learning community that challenges and inspires new thinking
- A focus on personal leadership – learning to lead yourself well, before leading others
- An opportunity to develop a visionary and social entrepreneurship approach to addressing global problems
- Experiences that help identify values and guiding principles in order to gain a sense of balance, purpose and life direction
- Tools and experiences for discovering potential through all learning modalities, including team projects, physical activities, reflection, discussion and the arts
- An opportunity to develop an international network of people who wish to collaborate and make a positive difference in the world
- An emphasis on active global citizenship and the role of international organizations such as the United Nations
- Individual coaching sessions to support your learning during the programme
- The opportunity to access a free 6 month coaching programme to integrate your learning and support a social impact project
Upcoming International Leadership Programmes
22nd July - 2nd August, 2018
21st October - 1st November, 2018
All programmes involve the same content and experiential learning process in each location. When you are considering which course to apply for you can be assured that you will experience the same quality programme, and high level of diversity, wherever it's held. We recommend that people select as many locations as possible in order to give themselves the best chance of getting a place.
If you want to hear more about the programme, get in touch with a Regional Ambassador who has attended one or more WYSE programmes. They will be happy to tell you about the programme and answer your questions.
Bursaries and funding support
WYSE International is committed to increasing access to values-based, global leadership education to as many young people as possible. Thanks to the generosity of a wide range of people including donors, alumni volunteers and pro bono expertise, WYSE is able to offer all participants to the International Leadership Programme a fully funded tuition bursary, worth £6,500. This covers the costs of teaching on the ILP and the longer-term coaching support offered to participants.
As part of our efforts to include young people from diverse backgrounds, WYSE also conducts an additional bursary scheme for its international programmes, to cover food and accommodation costs. As our programmes are heavily over-subscribed, the bursary scheme is competitive and only covers a proportion of the programme fee. Priority will be given to those who can demonstrate:
- A true commitment to making a significant impact in their own communities
- Economic hardship
- Efforts and success in raising funds, for example by sponsorship from their own governments or educational bodies, as well as from private businesses and industry where appropriate.
We are not able to cover the costs of travel under any circumstances. Exceptional candidates are invited to contact the programme administrator to request a bursary application.